Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Potty Training

I feel like this is the phase I have been dreading the most - Potty Training. I purposefully didn't get a puppy when we were looking at a dog because I didn't want to potty train. Needless to say you can't really skip over from baby to fully potty trained child so I knew it was coming.

How did I know? Well Ella loved "pretending" to go potty on her potty chair (which is a huge improvement from her "pretending" to barf in it to copy pregnant mommy), and she also had been telling us when she needed a new diaper. Go figure, my 27 month old was ready when I had a two month old that was also very needy.

We used the 3 Day Potty Training method that comes in an ebook. It was intense and the lady was kind of scary with her "rules" that she demanded you do. She sounds like a wacko to be honest, but it totally works! Ella basically controlled the whole process and now goes mostly without accidents. I say mostly because sometimes playing is WAY more fun that running the potty. Also she refuses to go on a big potty or in public. Hooray. But at home and at day care we are diaper free! Such a big girl!

I'm mostly proud of how fast she got it. In one day she figured it out and also figured out how to get her reward multiple times by only going a little bit and then heading back in for round two a few minutes later. Her parents may be suckers...

I highly recommend this method if you have a child that can talk, expresses when they need or have gone in their diaper, and that are awesome like my child!











No comments:

Post a Comment