Wednesday, June 2, 2010

And the adventure begins...


It is 9:51am and we are set to leave for the airport at 1:30. My bag has been packed for several days, following Rick Steves' careful packing list. Two and a half weeks I will be living out of this bag and carrying from country to country. I'm sure Rick knows a thing or two about how to pack, he does travel often, but I can't help but feel a little sick knowing that for two weeks I will be living on:

3 t-shirts
2 sleeved blouses
1 long sleeve shirt
2 pants
2 capri pants
1 short
2 skirts
1 pair of walking shoes
1 pair of sandals
1 jacket
1 cardigan
2 dresses
7 pairs of underwear
5 pairs of socks

I trust him...really I do. But come on Rick - 7 pairs of underwear!? I feel as if I am roughing it and taking one for the team. If it works, this could change things for me - week long work trips out of one duffel, trips home out of a single back pack, living with limited shoes!

I also must...gulp...carry this thing around Europe. I have practiced over and over, on the shoulders, with just the handles, crunches and lunges in this thing. I think that if all else fails I will at least have a wonderful looking back end to go with my ragged clothing.

Here is a quick overview of our trip:

England(June 5 – 9th)
BATH (6/3 - 6/4)
LONDON (6/5 - 6/9)

Scotland (June 10 – 11th)
EDINBURGH (6/10 - 6/11)

Germany (June 12 – 19th)
HEIDELBERG (6/12 - 6/13)
ROTHENBURG (6/14)
MUNICH (6/15 - 6/18)

More to come later - bon voyage!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! This sounds awesome. You guys are going to have the time of your lives. It's so important to travel now while you can (before kiddies) once they come into the picture it makes traveling a thing of the past. I commend you guys for doing this now and I'm only "slightly" jealous hehe. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie sounds like you have a wonderful trip coming up. Uncle Ed and I got your email and are looking forward to following you on your adventures. Are you going with a group or on your own? We will be in London at the end of September so would love to hear how you like it and where were your favorite places to visit. Uncle Ed and Debbie

    ReplyDelete