Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Magic of Sisters

When I found out I was having a girl both times I had several weeks of freaking out. You see, while I am a girl myself, I was scared of the bows, dolls, and later the make-up and dating and all of the other things that coming with girls! When I found out I was having TWO girls the fears only multiplied and I was worried that would hate each other, because let's be honest girls can be nasty! Now that I have been in the trenches for six months I can say that my fears were a little crazy. These two love each other! Like a love so deep that I kind of am sad I didn't have a sister! I know they are still little and the fights and hair pulling will come sooner than I know it, but there are these moments where I can see their little souls are so entangled with each other that they will have a bond that only they will understand.

I want to share this video that makes my heart melt. Charlotte was crying and Ella went and pushed her on the swing and sang her a song. Charlotte is so happy and content and Ella is deeply in love with her. When people ask me about whether they should have more than one child, I always tell them yes because of these moments. Moments where you see that there is a love that no one else can understand. A moment where you realize that they together are learning how to love and share and care for another person. There isn't anything else like sisters. There just isn't.


No comments:

Post a Comment