Friday, November 18, 2011

LIVE with Regis!

Today I watched the last episode with Regis on LIVE! and I cried. I know partly because I am still a little hormonal, but also because I just totally love that man. My addiction to Regis started when I was in elementary school. If I would stay home from school sick I would watch his show with Kathie Lee with my mom. My mom hated Kathie Lee and would complain the whole time, but it was just a fun and light hearted show. In high school I would watch it during the summer and then again in college I would watch it while getting ready in the morning for classes. My favorite episodes were the Halloween ones where they would go crazy dressing up. The best thing about Regis is how real he is, he tells us about what he did that night, about his family, his friends, and the small crazy things that happens to him. He does good, he means good, and in the world we have now with crazy reality TV stars who marry for 72 days, violence and hatred and "news" that is filled with personal opinions and anger. With Regis you didn't have to hear about who he voted for, you just got to hear about his crazy adventure to the voting booth. He didn't tell you what to buy or what to think, just that he couldn't open the package that his latest gadget that he didn't know what it did came in. LOVED IT!

A few years ago while in New York I got to meet the man himself at a restaurant. He was eating with Joy and I know that he probably hates to be interrupted, but he noticed us looking and asked us if we wanted a photo with him. He was funny and enduring and above all else polite. He was also dressed to the nines - dang! What more can you ask for?

Regis in New York City


I hope that it isn't the last time I see Regis, and I'm pretty sure it isn't! He is a wonderful man and it is an end of an era with light hearted banter and goofy experiences and I hope that Kelly can continue on the show...what else am I going to to between the hours of 9 - 10am!?

Okay I'm done with my strange love of Regis...continue on with your days now...

No comments:

Post a Comment