Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Day in the Life

So the mommy group I am apart of suggested everyone write a "Day in the Life" post of what you do. It was supposed to be last Wednesday, but since that was Brad's birthday and Ella's 4 month shots I decided to wait. I picked yesterday.

It was Monday, which is a pretty typical day for us, plus it is grocery day! Woot! So here is our day in pictures when I remembered...okay I'm super bad at remembering to take pictures!

6:50am
Ella wakes up with Brad's alarm. She tries to go back to sleep but just couldn't. I got up to feed her and just when she finished she passed back out so I put her back in her crib and also passed out. No photos because we are not morning people. Glad my baby is not a morning person....Ha!

9:00am
We wake up for the day. Yes I know, be jealous. Ella nurses and then it is mommy's turn for breakfast. Yesterday I made some killer blueberry muffins so I munched on those with my coffee while Ella played with her BFF the doggy her Great Grandma gave her for Christmas.


10:30am
Time to figure out what's for dinner. I get out some cookbooks that I haven't used yet and Ella helps mommy pick out what to make. Yes that is my coffee cup on the ground and my baby's perfect toes. That's how we roll people.


11:00am
Ella goes down for her nap. This sounds like she just happily rolled off to dreamland, but in reality falling asleep is a very rough, tear filled and kicking screaming affair. She then passes out in my arms after rocking and then I sneak her into her crib. I take a shower and peak in on her. She is awake so we get dressed and then start going through the paper and our coupons to see what deals we can get!

12:30 - 2:00pm
We get ready to go and take off to the store. I went to Safeway and then Walgreen's. There are no photos of this because I forgot, but we were very cute and Ella had a wonderful time talking to people in Safeway. Talking or yelling, in babyworld it is all the same. Some people smiled, some gave me dirty looks because they think she is crying. Eh - she is just a talker. She falls asleep in Walgreen's so we hurry home and she goes down for her nap.



2:00pm
I realize I forgot to eat lunch so I had my favorite - cereal! This Kashi stuff is delish!


I then make pizza dough for our BBQ Chicken Pizza.
I also vacuum, clean the downstairs bathroom, do the dishes, check on baby, do the laundry, check on baby. Now I'm weirded out because she is still asleep. I then watch some DVR shows and finally baby wakes up.

4:30pm
Prepping dinner with my little helper!
5:00pm
Ella has a little mini-meltdown, as you can probably see coming in her frowning helper photo. We then play on the floor, in the Exersaucer, singing, dancing.  Yeah. That is Once Upon a Time in the background which is why she is faced away (please don't write hatemail about how I'm letting my child watch TV so I'm an awful person.)
6:00pm
Daddy gets home and dinner is just about ready. I then make everything for dessert - Blueberry Gallette. One of the things that totally rocks about preparing before you go to the store is that you learn that blueberries are buy one get two free so you can make yummy things...I always have a frozen pie crust handy so this was a no brainer. The second photo is the pizza. For some reason the cheese looks like apples. It is cheese. I don't know...


7:30pm
Daddy and mommy watch jeopardy. Daddy rocks it while mommy just says she likes Bob the best. Bob loses. Boo.

8:00pm
We try to watch Todd Margaret (show by that guy from Arrested Development). It sucks so we turn it off.

8:45pm
Daddy has a show down on his football game with his best friend - he scouts out the opposition and tells me all of the secrets to him winning. I pretend to care...then my friend Becky calls me (hooray!). She talks about her mother in law who is very sick, her kiddos, and pretty much everything girls talk about. I haven't talked to her in four months so we had a lot of stuff to talk about together.

10:00pm
Daddy gets Ella ready for bed and tells me he lost his game. I say that I don't marry losers. He says it is too late. We laugh and then go to bed. Ella sleeps like a champ all night.

The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment