Friday, January 20, 2012

Parmesan Chicken Breasts

While I was on my blog-cation I made a few cookbook recipes and now that Ella is napping I'm going to add them in!

This cookbook is the Favorite Brand Name 4 Ingredient Cookbook. I am going to list the ingredients with the "brands" but I use so many generic brands that I don't think I actually used any of the ones on here...whatev!

Parmesan Chicken Breasts p 96

1/2 Cup KRAFT 100% Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1 tsp each dried oregano leaves and parsley leaves
1/4 each paprika, salt and black pepper
6 boneless skinless chicken brast halves (2lbs)
2 tbs butter or margarine, melted

Mix the cheese, crumbs, and seasoning together. I make my own bread crumbs with toasted wheat bread because that is how I roll.

Dip chicken in butter, coat with cheese misture and place in 15x10x1 inch baking pan sprayed with no stick spray. I usually line with tin foil because I hate cleaning up pans.

Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.

My spin - I cut this in half because we are only two solid food eaters in the house right now. It was super good, but a little bland. I think next time I will add more spices. The book recommends ground red pepper flakes, but even a little lemon pepper seasoning would be yummy!

Here is our meal with broccoli and rice (not white rice because I hate rice...this is that whole grain kind that actually has flavor and texture. Did I mention I hate rice?)


No comments:

Post a Comment