Friday, January 13, 2012

Oh dear...4MW

Ella has been having a rough time sleeping. That is an understatement. She apparently has decided that sleeping is under-rated and wants to wake up every hour from 3am until 7am. Fun, fun. Apparently there is a thing called Four Month Wakeful. They are so aware and awake throughout the day that night time is very difficult. Many think it is because they don't eat well in the day and make up for it at night, others that they need to be sleep trained to figure out how to put themselves back to sleep. Either way, it sucks and makes you want to cry. Okay it makes me want to cry.

Last night she slept a little better, but still up a few times, which for her is bad. At 5am I was up feeding her. My first response is to get super angry because I hate having to wake up. It was when I was feeling sorry for myself when she reached up and grabbed my finger with her hand and squeezed. It was such a small thing, but it was as if she was saying "Thanks for being here mommy." Anytime little one. Anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment