Friday, January 20, 2012

Doctors Appointment and Shots - oh my!

Ella had her four month appointment earlier this week which is always a very difficult thing for me. Our doctor is a wonderful Russian woman and I love her dearly, but Ella is not so sure. This appointment she was 14lbs 6oz and 25 inches. She is long and skinny, just like her daddy! She may actually surpass my height one day! At the appointment she cried and cried and the doctor said that she is showing signs of separation anxiety which is very normal, but apparently three months ahead of schedule! The whole time the doctor held her Ella just started at me and cried. I wonder if other stay at home mothers find their little ones have the same issue?

She received her four month shots after the appointment. Brad was supposed to take a number and ring the little door bell. He didn't ring the door bell so we were sitting there for a half an hour before someone else came and took a number and rang the bell. Good to know...

Ella of course hated her shots and cried and cried, but then was fine and took a nap on the way home. We thought she did really well until she woke up at 2am with a very high fever. She was crying and very upset so Brad gave her Tylenol and she went back to sleep.

Due to the crazy snow storm we had Brad went to work later in the day, but by noon I was calling him because Ella's fever was back. Here is the thing. I'm not good with sickness, not even my own. I think it is a result of my webmd addiction. I think everything is extremely awful and we are all going to die. That is rarely the case as my level headed Pharmacist husband has to remind me. After waiting on hold with the nurse hot line, Brad looked up what to do and I changed her into lighter clothing and then gave her Tylenol.

Now this would be the end of the story if I were a normal person, but unfortunately I am a scatterbrain clumsy person. While giving her the Tylenol I had her on the floor in the living room and put the bottle next to me. In inevitably knocked over said bottle of bright orange Tylenol. On the carpet. Hooray. So yesterday my living room carpet got a nice steam clean. There is still a little spot but since my carpet is dark I am the only one that is staring at it constantly. A nice reminder that giving a child liquid Tylenol should be done on a solid surface. Boo. Brad needs to buy more Tylenol since an entire bottle is now making sure that my living room carpet is fever and headache free...oh motherhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment